MANILA, Philippines – the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) announced the availability of scholarship slots for 2021 DOST-Science Education Institute (SEI) S&T Undergraduate Scholarships for incoming Grade 12 students this Academic Year (AY) 2020-2021.
DOST is encouraging the youth to join the science community and pursue their careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). Applications start from June 2, 2020 until August 28, 2020 while the exams will be held on October 25, 2020.
To quote from DOST-SEI Director, Dr. Josette T. Biyo,
Amid the uncertainty, we soldier on in providing scholarship opportunities for college studies. The DOST Scholarship invites talented Filipino youth to pursue STEM-related careers and take active participation in research and development (R&D) activities. We hope to have more scientists especially in this changing world.
WHO ARE ELIGIBLE FOR DOST SCHOLARSHIP?
- Applicant must be a natural born Filipino
- Grade 12 students under the STEM Track
- For the non-STEM, they may also apply provided that they belong in the top 5% of the graduating class.
- For High School graduates prior to the K-12 Program: those who do not yet earned any post secondary units in college/university level (must also belong in the top 5% of the graduating class).
DOST likewise added that those students who belong to families whose socio-economic status does not exceed the cut-off values for certain indicators may apply for RA 7687 program or the Merit Scholarship Program.
Applicants must pass the S & T Undergraduate scholarship exams and pursue a Bachelor of Science degree program in any of the priority fields of study at a state university or college or any private higher institute that is recognized by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) as Center of Excellence or Center of Development with at least FAAP Level III accreditation for the BS program they wish to enroll in.
Should an examinee passed the scholarship exams, he/she may enjoy the following subsidies and allowances:
- Tuition Fee subsidy: P40,000 per academic year for those who will enroll in private HEIs
- Monthly Living allowance: P7,000 per month
- Book Allowance: P10,000 per academic year
- Thesis Allowance: 10,000
- Transportation Allowance: 1 Economy-Class Roundtrip Fare
- Graduation Allowance: P1,000
- PE/MS Uniform Allowance: P1,000