MANILA, Philippines – The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) through Resolution No. 1239 series of 2020 will grant Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Units for PRC registered Professionals particularly the frontliners and responders in helping the country in combating the coronavirus disease/ COVID-19. To quote from the announcement,
In grateful recognition of the valiant efforts of the Filipino professionals particularly frontliners and responders in helping the country in combating the Corona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), PRC shall grant Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credit units to all registered professionals who are providing essential services during the State of Public Health Emergency under CPD’s Informal Learning, Professional Work Experience and Self-Directed Learning.
45 CPD Credit Units (maximum) may be granted to the following:
- Health and Emergency Frontliners that provided public health services [all employees of the Department of Health (DOH), DOH Hospitals, Hospitals of LGUs and Provincial, City, and Rural Health Units, and Drug Abuse Treatment and Rehabilitation Centers including those managed by other government agencies (e.g. police and military hospitals/clinics, university medical facilities), uniformed medical personnel], private health workers, such as but not limited to medical professionals, hospital and health facility administrative and maintenance staff, and aides from private health facilities, as well as their service providers, health workers and volunteers of the Philippine Red Cross and the World Health Organization, and the employees of Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs), the Philippines Health Insurance Corporation (PHIC), disaster risk reduction management officers, and public safety officers.
- Researchers and scientists who developed testing kits, professionals who designed/constructed accommodations for suspected, probable and confirmed COVID-19 patients and health care workers, disinfection chambers and adapted medical equipment such as ventilators and aerosol boxes.
- Vital Goods and Services Providers who provided health and social services to secure the safety and well-being of persons, such as but not limited to, food, water, medicine, medical devices, public utilities, energy and others as may be determined by the IATF.
25 CPD Credit Units (maximum) may be granted to the following:
- Volunteer professionals who offered services during this COVID – 19 crisis, including but not limited to, answering queries about COVID-19, online consultation, public health education and other activities directly related to their profession.
- Volunteer professionals who responded and participated in Social Responsibility (CSR) programs / projects, whether in their personal capacity or through organizations, who collected, packed and distributed medical supplies and masks or personal protective equipment (PPE) to hospitals/medical facilities, and distributed food to frontliners serving in hospitals/medical facilities and security check points.
HOW TO AVAIL THE CPD UNITS?
Clarification, I work in the bank and I am identified by IATF as one of the frontliners. Am I qualified to earn this CPD credit units?
Magagamit ba to CPD units ko in the future ? Kasi 2022 pa ako mag expire . I was one of those frontliners handling covid patients in CDO . Thank you :)
Where to submit this requirements? Thank you.
How about kami pong nag volunteer sa covid 19 positive quarantine facility as staff nure and decontamination nurse ilang units po?
clarification,sa denr po aq ngwowork as frontliner, qualified din po sa CPD units?
clarification lang po, nag wowork kami sa LGU as Agricultural Technologist and also as bantay sa checkpoint, qualified ba kami sa Agriculture Sector na mag avail ng CPD units?
How about school nurse in a private school?
I am working as engineering staff of puregold, please consider us..thank you.
How about us criminologist who are working in Export oriented business? Are we also qualified for the cpd?
How about barangay official specially sk official can we avail the CPD units because we also served as frontliners.
which form to use? CPD program form po ba?
How bout registered nurse working in pnp institution as frontliners?pls consider po.ty
How about those people working BPO's but teacher by profession. We are also risking our lives walking and commuting to work?We are helping the economy too!
How about private dental clinics responder for emercy dental cases?
I am a dentist during covid. Where to submit
So sad that I don't see those professionals who were working in the field of communications/telecommunications, those who were locked down in Data centers just to make sure every Filipinos were connected to the Internet. :(
do we still need to apply for it or we can just submit our certification from the agency