In this website you will find the LET Reviewers in General Education (Gen Ed), Professional Education (Prof Ed) and Major Area of Specialization.
In efforts of this portal to attend on requests from PRCBoard Facebook fan page members, we consolidated some of the questions which may likely help out takers during the exams.
Note: The LET reviewers 2021 below is unofficial and not directly associated with PRC or the Board of Professional Teachers.
September 2021 LET Related Articles
- Main Page: LET Reviewer 2021
- ROOM ASSIGNMENTS: LET September 2021, Teachers Board Licensure Exams
- LET Coverage: Licensure Exam for Teachers September 2021
- Details: September 2021 LET Teachers Board Exam Schedule, Deadline of Filing and Requirements
- How to Pass Licensure Exam? Tips from Board Passers
Below is the LET Reviewer for Professional Education Prof. Ed.: Principles and Strategies of Teaching Part 2.
We encourage readers/ reviewees to use the comment boxes after the article for discussion. Meanwhile, answers are already incorporated below the questions.
1. Student A wishes to write a lesson plan. Which question should s/he asks herself/himself first?
a. What materials will I need?
b. How will I get things started?
c. What do I want to accomplish?
d. What exercises will I give my students?
2. Which of the following characterizes best an effective classroom manager? One who is friendly yet
3. Which of the classroom activities below is effective?
a. The concept learned is applicable to daily life.
b. The techniques and approaches used are varied.
c. The variety of instructional materials used is evident.
d. The laughter and enjoyment of students are contagious.
4. When is praise effective? When it
a. describes students present accomplishments
b. shows spontaneity, variety and other signs of credibility
c. focuses students attention on their own task relevant behavior
d. provides information to students about their competence and the value of their accomplishments
5. Which of the following is a divergent question?
a. How is water purified?
b. What are the parts of a sentence?
c. What is the most populated country in Asia?
d. What is the formula in getting the weight of an object?
6. Which of the following reading skill belongs to a higher level?
a. Drawing conclusion
b. Stating the main idea
c. Following directions
d. Noting specific details
7. Which of the following questions is classified as low level?
a. What is Science?
b. How is city differentiated from a province?
c. If given the chance to become a government official, what reform/s will you advocate? Why?
d. Who among the Filipino heroes and heroines do you like best? Explain.
8. Why does the teacher have to plan the day’s activities?
a. This is expected by pupils.
b. This is required of a teacher.
c. The ability of the teacher is tested.
d. The accomplishment of the objectives is dependent of the plan
9. Which of the following should the teacher use to start the class discussion?
a. Narrow question
b. Convergent question
c. Memory question
d. Divergent question
10. What of the following characterizes best a well-managed class? When learners
a. are controlled by the teacher
b. blindly obey teachers’ instructions
c. pursue their task without inhibition
d. are engaged in an activity that leads them to realize the set goal
11. Which of the following belongs to a lower-order thinking skills?
a. Teaching for meaning
b. Encouraging creativity
c. Asking convergent questions
d. Making the students aware of their mental processes
12. When should Teacher M undertake the task of setting up routine activities?
a. Every homeroom period
b. On the very first day of school
c. Every day at the start of the session
d. As soon as the students have adjusted to their schedule
13. Which of the following marks a conducive environment?
a. Excessive praise
b. Individual competition
c. Long assignments
d. Cooperative learning
14. Which of the following helps develop critical thinking?
a. Asking low-level questions
b. Blind obedience to authority
c. Asking convergent questions
d. Willingness to suspend judgment until sufficient evidence is presented
15.Teacher N wants to develop the comprehension skills of his pupils. How should his questioning proceed?
I. literal II. Interpretation III. Critical IV. Integration
a. I, II, III, IV
b. I, III, II, IV
c. I, II, IV, III
d. IV, III, II, I
16. Which of the following counters the teacher’s role as facilitator of learning?
a. Does more talk than learners
b. Does less talk compared to learners
c. Makes use of interactive teaching strategies
d. Caters to multiple intelligence in the classroom
17. Which of the following practices violates the guidelines in asking questions?
a. Avoid cognitive memory questions
b. Call on pupils before asking the questions
c. Use probing questions to follow up incomplete answers
d. Sequence questions so that higher level questions build on the answers to lower level questions
18. Which of the following shows cooperation?
a. Doing all the work alone
b. Letting others copy from you
c. Collaborating with others in the group
d. Allowing others to dominate in the decision-making
19. Which of the following violates good discipline?
20. Asking a series of questions to a student is a violation of which technique in questioning?
a. Wait time
b. Prompting questions
d. Probing questions
21. Which of the following should Teacher O practice more if he wants to give his students the opportunity to think critically?
a. Provide questions with clues
b. Give questions that require analysis
c. Give questions that deviate from the main topic
d. Allow the children to ask questions during class discussion
22. Which guideline in asking questions must Teacher P use to develop reflective thought and critical thinking among her learners?
c. Wait time
23. Which of the following practices is an effective way to start a lesson?
a. Checking the attendance
b. Scolding someone who was late
c. Evaluating the work done the previous day
d. Reminding the pupils of standards of listening
24. Which of the following routines is the best way to start a class?
a. Ringing the bell
b. Greeting each other
c. Making the children line up
d. Asking the children to clean the room
25. What is the most effective way to distribute papers/ materials in class?
a. Give pupils papers one by one
b. Let pupils come to the teacher one by one
c. Ask a leader pupil to distribute the papers.
d. Instruct pupils to “Get one and pass”.
Answers: 1C 2C 3A 4D 5A 6A 7A 8D 9D 10D 11C 12B 13D 14D 15A 16A 17B 18C 19D 20A 21B 22A 23C 24B 25D
This website believes that education is a right, not a privilege. This portal does not claim ownership to any materials posted. Likewise, questions are not influenced by PRC professional regulatory board. The main purpose of the reviewer is to assist examinees who chose to review online.
I think it is not appropriate to give a divergent question to start the lesson. I think it is better if they going to recall (memory question) first the previous lessons. Or at least ask questions that is related to the topic but not too critical (divergent).
Start the class discussion po kasi, so after ma finish na ni Teacher ung lesson nya.
Thanks you it helps me a lot