Several fan members are asking about LET Reviewers in General Education (Gen Ed), Professional Education (Prof Ed) and Major Area of Specialization.
In efforts of this website to attend such requests, we consolidated some of the questions which may likely help out takers during the exams.
Note: The LET reviewers 2021 below is unofficial and not directly associated with PRC or the Board of Professional Teachers.
September 2021 LET Related Articles
- Main Page: LET Reviewer 2021
- ROOM ASSIGNMENTS: LET September 2021, Teachers Board Licensure Exams
- LET Coverage: Licensure Exam for Teachers September 2021
- Details: September 2021 LET Teachers Board Exam Schedule, Deadline of Filing and Requirements
- How to Pass Licensure Exam? Tips from Board Passers
Below is the Part 1 of Professional Education (Prof. Ed.) Child and Adolescent Development reviewer for Licensure Exam for Teachers (LET).
We encourage readers/ reviewees to use the comment boxes after the article for discussion. Meanwhile, answers are already incorporated below the questions.
1. Dr. Escoto, the school physician conducted a physical examination in Ms. Manuel’s class. What concept best describes the quantitative increase observed by Dr. Escoto among learners in terms of height and weight?
2. Which situation best illustrates the concept of growth?
a. A kinder pupil gains 2 pounds within two months.
b. A high school student gets a score of 85 in mental ability test.
c. An education student has gained knowledge on approaches and strategies in teaching different subjects
d. An elementary grader has learned to play piano.
3. Which statements below best describes development?
a. A high school student’s height increased by 5’2″ to 5’4″
b. A high school student’s change in weight from 110 lbs. to 125 lbs.
c. A student had learned to operate the computer
d. A student’s enlargement of hips
4. What concept can best describes Francisco’s ability to walk without a support at age of 12 months because of the “internal ripening” that occured in his muscles, bones and nervous system development?
5. Teacher Jesus in now 69 years old has been observing changes in himself such as the aging process. Which term refers to the development change in the individual?
6. Manuel, a five-year old boy can hold his pen and write his name with his right hand. Which term describes Manuel’s action/ behavior?
7. Which of the following theory can help Miss Samson determine the readiness of her learners by administering a readiness test?
a. Conditioning Theories
b. Cognitive Development Theory
c. Maturation Theory
d. Ethological Theory
8. Mr. Francisco was very much worried about the thumb sucking of his son. A friend of him says that certain behavior among infants. Who presented that notion that certain behavior like thumb-sucking is normal behavior?
A. Sigmund Freud
b. Erick Ericson
c. John Bowlly
d. Urie Bronfrenbenner
9. A newborn infant move his whole body at one time, instead of moving a part of it. Which of the following principles is illustrated by his behavior?
a. Development proceeds from specific to general.
b. Development proceeds from general to specific.
c. Development follows an orderly pattern.
d. Development follows a general pattern.
10. Train up a child in the way he should be; when he grows up, he will not depart from it. Which principle supports this?
a. Development is determined by his heredity
b. Development is determined by the environment
c. Early development is more critical than the late development
d. Early development is less critical than late development.
11. Which state of the psycho-sexual theory does young boys experience rivalry with their father for their mother’s attention and affection?
12. Angela focuses her attention on the school work and vigorous play that consume most of her physical energy. Which stage of psychosexual theory illustrates her behavior?
13. Which of the following is likely to be developed if infants are shown genuine affection?
14. Christian develops an integral and coherent sense of self. He seeks answers to the question. “Who am I”? Which of the following is Christian likely to develop?
b. Identity and Role Confusion
15. Ms. Reyes uses images and language to represent and understand her various lessons to preschool learners. What stage in the cognitive theory of development explains this?
c. Concrete operation
d. Formal operation
16. Connie develops concepts necessary for everyday living, builds healthy attitudes towards oneself, and achieve personal independence. These are among the attributes of an individual in what particular stage?
a. Infancy and early childhood
b. Middle childhood
d. Early adulthood
17. Some children are more active than others, as everyone knows-extremely highlevels of activity or hyperactivity are considered problematic. How may a teacher help a child who is hyperactive?
a. Make him the leader of the class
b. Transfer him to another class
c. Give him challenging activities that are appropriate to his ability level and interests.
d. Allow him to spend longer at the playground until he gets tired.
18. Tessa gets jealous whenever she sees her father showing love and affection to her mother. Which of the following is she showing according to Freud?
c. Electra Complex
d. Oedipus Complex
19. In Piaget’s Theory of Cognitive Development, which of the following statements would illustrate Edward who is 11 years old?
a. Able to see relationships and to reason in the abstract.
b. Unable to breakdown a whole into separate parts.
c. Differentiates goals and goal-directed activities.
d. Experiments with methods to reach goals.
20. Trisha goes with her mother in school. She enjoys the workplace of her mother. Which of the following ecological theories is illustrated by the situation?
21. Lito, a student in secondary level tends to spend more time with his friends and his family, thus, his behavior is greatly affected by them. In which stage in the Psychosocial Stages of Development does Lito belong?
a. Autonomous vs Shame and Doubt
b. Identity vs. Role Confusion
c. Intimacy vs. Isolation
d. Initiative vs. Guilt
22. Anna believes that authority is respected. She is now in what particular level in moral development theory of Lawrence Kholberg?
a. Social contract
b. Law and order orientation
c. Interpersonal concordance
d. Universal ethics orientation
23. What level has a four year old learner like Maryann reached when she acquired new skills such as putting the same shapes and the same colors together?
c. Zone of Proximal Development
24. Which of the following principles can be the basis of the growing realization of the significance of the early childhood education?
a. The young children are capable of doing many things at an early stage.
b. The child should be seen and should learn.
c. The first five years of life are the formative years of the child.
d. Early childhood experiences can be interesting and challenging.
25. Which of the following learner’s characteristics will affect most of the learners learning in the academic class?
a. His affective characteristics
b. His cognitive characteristics
c. His psychomotor characteristics
d. His socio-emotional characteristics
Answers: 1B 2A 3C 4D 5D 6A 7C 8A 9B 10B 11C 12D 13A 14B 15B 16B 17C 18C 19A 20C 21D 22A 23C 24B 25
This website believes that education is a right, not a privilege. This portal does not claim ownership to any materials posted. Likewise, questions are not influenced by PRC professional regulatory board. The main purpose of the reviewer is to assist examinees who chose to review online.
Can I download it? How? Thank you :-)
This helps a lot. Thank you! God bless.
No. 4 ., From the word internal ripening the answer should be development, why is it appears to be MATURATION?
It’s not development but it’s maturation.
because it talk about Age,that’s why it is Maturation
whats the answer on #25
I don't think answer for #21 and #22 are correct. Shouldn't it be identity vs role confusion and law and order orientation? What does the secondary level in #21 mean? Is it in Grade 2 or Grade 8? Hmmm. and what about #22? I don't know.. Somebody please enlighten me? :)
Same thoughts here …
the questions are vague so it's hard to discern what they're asking, kaya we'll just have to use our best judgment. ganyan din daw talaga sa LET, marami typos, vague questions and trick ones. my answers are the same with yours, but in #21 i'm also considering C, because of the "social aspect" part, pero sabi kasi affecting the behavior so pwede rin talaga yung B.
Hello. I think for #21, the answer should be B. Identity vs Role Confusion :)Lito is in "secondary level", so mukhang "highschool" ang tinutukoy. assuming na di tayo sure, pde gawin basis kay erik erikson's psychosocial theory.
Infant (birth – 18 months) – trust vs mistrust
Toddler (18 months – 3 y/o) – autonomy vs shame and doubt
Preschooler (3-6 y/o) – initiative vs guilt
Schoolage (6-12 y/o) – industry vs inferiority
Adolescent (12-20 y/o) – identity vs role confusion
Young Adult (20-40 y/o) – intimacy vs isolation
Middle Adult (40-60 y/0) – generativity vs stagnation
Late Adult / Elderly (>60 y/o) – ego integrity vs despair
Ang question kasi ni Mr/Miss Absolute sa first comment is ano sya, grade 2 or 8? hmmm… sige i-consider natin yung idea. kung grade 2, ibig sabihin nasa schoolage sya so ang task is industry vs inferiority which is wala sa options :) so malabo :) tapos ipasok natin yung idea nya na grade 8 daw. so "secondary" to di ba. nasa adolescent stage in which the task is identity vs role confusion (option B). tgis is the time na sinusubukan nya kilalanin ang kanyang sarili at he's trying to "identify" to which group he really belongs to. BASIS: spending time with friends affecting his behavior. so i think it's B :)option A kasi is for toddler, C is for young adult and D is for preschooler :)
I think you are right. When I read and answered myself nos 21 & 22, my answers are both B. The "secondary" here is referred to as the "high school year" (which is still way before the K12 program)
I went back to questions 21 and 22. I believe you are right. Both should have B as answers. The "secondary" level here refers to high school level, as K12 here is not yet implemented.
I’ve checked different reviewers to validate the answer but based on the LET reviewer, it’s the answers.
based fro what i understood i think the answer for number 21 is correct considering the statement that he spends more time with his friends
thank you so much …
Thank you so much and God bless you.
Hi ma'am did you pass your LET exam ? because you used this as your reviewer? Thanks :)
I think number 23 is Development ?
no, i angry the answer because it says that she reached when she acquired new skills…….
may i know the answer for #25 please. thank you. :)
WHAT IS THE # 21 ANSWER?
I think the answer can be either B or C, B because of the phrase "greatly affected his behavior", which means his social relationships have a great effect on his behavior, and his behavior is a reflection of his identity. Or C, because of said social relationships he has with friends and family (intimacy)
Ano po answer sa #25?
I think 25 is C
For me it's D, cognitive since it specified the "academic area"
Hang on. Answer to Q21 should be letter B. the formation of Lito's identity is influenced by those whom he associates with.
And the answer to Q23 should not be Zone of Proximal Development (ZPD) sinceit's not really a level or a stage that one reaches. Rather it is like this abstract place/situation when/where to best teach a learner. It is where the learner acquires new knowledge best with the use of scaffolding.
agree with 23. it should not be C. I think it should be D. Learning instead..?
Yes , I think so
Why is no. 9 letter B??
In # 22 the answer is letter C. Interpersonal Concordance. The description of this is that "Authority is respected"
i think 21 is b. behavior is judged by the extent to which it shows respect for authority.
what is the correct answer in number 25 part 1?
Use our own judgments. Some answers here aren't accurate, I think. Still, thank you for these…at least we have some patterns of possible questions. ^^
Actually in actual board some questions do not really fit to the thought because according to my past review center people behind the LET questions right answers depends to the person who made the questions wether it's wrong or right.Good luck n lng po for LET takers just believe in yourself that you will past the exam.
YES TRUE SOME ANSWERS ARE NOT CORRECT
But what is the answer # 25 pls. Thanks
Number 22 should be B. In Law and Order Orientation, it is essential to respect authority.
#22 and #21 should be both B.
What is the answer of #2?
This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. Baby Gate
Sa 21 po ay b, kasi maliban sa edad na secondary, ang role confusion kc, nag alanganin san banda supposed to be, kaya ang tanong between friends and his parents. Sa 22 naman, ay b rin kc respect for authority ang pinag usapan, d po contract. Dapat po, social order ang nilagay na sagot. sa number 5 naman, ay letter A, development. Kc 69 years old po. Development is either increased or decreased. From maturity of our aged which is 61 to 65, mag dedecreased na po tau, kaya ang iba, pag walang scaffolding, tend to bend down their bodies
Hello please check answer no. 10. the CA is A
I think the CA is letter B. Why? If you will analyze the sentence – Train up a child in the way he should BE- be is the clue. so meaning the environment of the child really affects him.
For me lang.
Many answers are wrong because it doesn’t fit the concept.
hello! #LPTMARCH2023 :)