MANILA, Philippines – The National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM) announced the schedule of its second conduct of PNP Entrance and Promotional exams for the year 2017. The exams will be administered by the commission on Sunday, October 22, 2017 at its designated testing centers nationwide.
NAPOLCOM is utilizing OLEASS (Online Exam Application Scheduling System) for filing of application for PNP Entrance and PNP Promotional Exams. The web scheduling, as per commission, will be available from 12:00 noon on August 1, 2017 for PNP Entrance examinees. Below is the detailed period of online application scheduling for all levels courtesy of NAPOLCOM.
|POSITION||DATES OF ONLINE APPLICATION (OLEASS)|
|PNP Entrance Exam||August 1-4, 2017|
|Police Officer (PO) Exam||August 7-11, 2017|
|SPO, INSP, SUPT Exam||August 14-18, 2017|
(Visit NAPOLCOM OLEASS to Register)
|Period of Filing: August 29 – September 25, 2017|
|Date of Exam: October 22, 2017|
The commission is strict that only those with confirmed schedule of appointment with reference number will be entertained.
The examination comes in a First-Come-First-Serve basis. The commission said that the Regional Offices reserve the right to limit the number of examinees upon due notice, even ahead of the deadline.
WHO CAN APPLY?
As per NAPOLCOM, the PNP Entrance Examination is open to all Filipino citizens who meet the age, height and educational requirements as to Police Officers 1, whose appointments are for lack of appropriate eligibility.
For male civilians, a minimum height of 1.62 meters are required while 1.57 meters for female. Only those not less than 21 years old and not more than 30 years old with Bachelor’s degree can apply.
For members of the indigenous communities who wish to apply, a minimum height of 1.52 meters for male and 1.45 meters are required. Meanwhile, they are required to submit the Certificate of Tribal membership issued by the NCIP, OMA, NCMF or a height waiver issued by NAPOLCOM.
Here is NAPOLCOM’s Memorandum Circular No. 2007-009 itemizing the complete general qualifications and standards for entrance and promotional applicants courtesy of the commission.
Below are the step by step procedures on how to schedule an appointment for filing of application in PNP entrance test.
- The applicant shall visit the official website of NAPOLCOM at www.napolcom.gov.ph, and click the Online Examination Application and Scheduling System or directly refer to www.napolcom-oleass.com and fill out the Last Name, First Name, Middle Name, Home Address, Cellphone Number and Email Address fields.
- These mandatory fields [Gender, Height, Age, Birth date and Course completed] shall also be filled out.
- The applicant shall submit, confirm and print the generated confirmation letter with reference number in which the applicant must bring together with all other requirements.
WHERE TO FILE?
The applicant shall personally file on the NAPOLCOM Regional Office where he/she will take the examination. The application cannot be processed if it sent by mail.
FILING OF APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Printed copy of the online generated confirmation letter with reference number as mentioned above.
- Duly accomplished form (NAPOLCOM Form 1-A) and index card which can be obtained in their official website or at NAPOLCOM’s Regional Office.
- 2 recent 1×1 ID photo with white background and name tag. In the photo studio, just tell that the ID will be used for NAPOLCOM exam, they might probably know the exact specifications.
- One legal size window envelope with mailing stamp.
- Diploma and Transcript of Records (TOR) with Special Order (SO) issued by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
- PSA Authenticated Birth Certificate
- For PO1 with temporary appointment, a certified true copy of the attested appointment, Plantilla Appointment or Special Order.
- Police Examination Fee of 400 Pesos
A Notice of Admission (NOA) will be issued to the applicant upon completion of filing for examination.
The three-hour examination covers the following topics:
- General Information: Philippine Constitution and History; PNP Law and History; Criminal Justice Systems; Current Events and Social Awareness and Value Judgment
- Verbal Reasoning: Vocabulary; Comprehension and Grammar
- Quantitative Reasoning: Basic Concepts and Problem Solving Skills
- Logical Reasoning: Verbal and Non-Verbal
NAPOLCOM reminds examinees to strictly adhere to the following reminders during the examination proper.
- Wear white T-shirt or polo shirt with collar with dark pants and shoes.
- Bring the Notice of Admission (NOA)
- Bring Pencil No. 2
- Bring any valid Identification Card with photo and signature
Calculator, any electronic gadgets, reviewer or other related materials are not allowed in the examination room.
The list of passers for all categories will be available via NAPOLCOM official website and in NAPOLCOM Central and Regional Offices. Results will also be posted at this website upon release.