In this website you will find the LET Reviewers in General Education (Gen Ed), Professional Education (Prof Ed) and Major Area of Specialization.
In efforts of this portal to attend on requests from PRCBoard Facebook fan page members, we consolidated some of the questions which may likely help out takers during the exams.
Note: The LET reviewers 2021 below is unofficial and not directly associated with PRC or the Board of Professional Teachers.
September 2021 LET Related Articles
- Main Page: LET Reviewer 2021
- ROOM ASSIGNMENTS: LET September 2021, Teachers Board Licensure Exams
- LET Coverage: Licensure Exam for Teachers September 2021
- Details: September 2021 LET Teachers Board Exam Schedule, Deadline of Filing and Requirements
- How to Pass Licensure Exam? Tips from Board Passers
Below is the LET Reviewer for General Education GENED: Science Part 1. We encourage readers/ reviewees to use the comment boxes after the article for discussion.
1. Which of the following statements best describes a hypothetical element with an electron configuration of 1s22s22p63s23p5?
a. The hypothetical element has an atomic number of 11.
b. The hypothetical element is a member of Group V, otherwise called the Nitrogen Group.
c. The hypothetical element is in the fifth position in the p-block, along the third period of the periodic table.
d. The hypothetical element is located at the third position of the p-block, along the fifth period of the periodic table.
2. Despite the observed diversity among organisms, they are all made from the same set of biomolecules composed of monomeric units except:
c. Nucleic Acids
d. Lipids and Fats
3. What will be formed when radium isotope, with 88 protons and 138 neutrons undergoes alpha decay?
a. Radon Atom (Rn222) with 86 Protons
b. Francium Atom (Fr222) with 87 Protons
c. Actinium Atom (Ac222) with 89 Protons
d. Thorium Atom (Th232) with 90 Protons
4. Which of the following examples best illustrates application of Boyle’s Law?
a. A tire becomes harder as more air is pumped into it.
b. A sealed aerosol can explodes when thrown into a fire.
c. A balloon expands and bursts when exposed to direct sunlight.
d. A scuba divers stops at certain depths as he ascends to the ocean’s surface.
5. Three liquids A, B, C were studied in a laboratory. Liquid A was found to float over B and C. It was also found that liquid A flows fastest among the three. What can be said about liquid A?
a. Densest and most viscous
b. Densest and least viscous
c. Least dense and most viscous
d. Least dense and least viscous
6. Which of the following statements represents a physical change?
a. An antacid tablet forms bubbles when dissolved in water.
b. A flashlight beam slowly gets dimmer and finally dies out over time.
c. The lawn grows thicker every day because fertilizers were added into the soil.
d. Frozen mango juice melted when left standing at room temperature for 30 minutes.
7. Which of the following best explains why farmers burn rice straw and hull during seasons of harvest?
a. Burning rice hulls and straws produce compounds that act as repellant for pests which may damage plantation.
b. The smoke produced by burning rice hulls and straws stimulate growth and fruit bearing of trees.
c. Rice hulls and straws are burned so that more spaces will be available for planting next set of crops.
d. Ash from burnt rice hulls and straws are rich in compounds that could neutralize acidic soil so that more crops will grow
8. Acid rain occurs when _________.
a. carbon dioxide combines with water in the atmosphere.
b. phosphorus-rich water in lakes evaporates to form phosphoric acid.
c. sulfur released in burning fossil fuels combines with water in the atmosphere.
d. excess hydrogen is released into the atmosphere to produce acids.
9. Why is it difficult to integrate nitrogen gas from the atmosphere into the nitrogen cycle of the biosphere?
a. Nitrogen is very abundant in the atmosphere
b. Living organisms quickly absorb nitrogen gas
c. Oceans quickly absorb nitrogen gas
d. Few organisms can directly utilize atmospheric nitrogen
10. Which of the following sentences about greenhouse effect is INCORRECT?
a. Greenhouse gases trap heat in the atmosphere which are returned to the earth’s surface.
b. Greenhouse effect is important in maintaining the temperature of the earth.
c. Greenhouse effect is due to gases that absorb the green region of light from the sun.
d. Greenhouse effect increases the overall surface temperature of the earth.
11. When a gardener propagates a plant by taking cuttings, he plants his cutting in a well-watered soil in a plant pot. What is the most likely reason why he may then cover the plant and pot with a lightly perforated polythene bag?
a. To reduce the water demand of the cutting.
b. To decrease the rate of gaseous exchange by the plant.
c. To reduce the chance of attack by pests.
d. To protect the plant from cold weather.
12. It is a common observation that mushrooms thrive few days after lightning strikes. Which among the following biogeochemical cycles is involved in this process?
a. Nitrogen cycle
b. Carbon-Oxygen cycle
c. Phosphorus cycle
d. Sulfur cycle
13. Which of the following factors contribute to an increase in human population?
I. Immigration II. Emigration
III. Natality IV. Mortality
a. III and IV
b. II and III
c. I only
d. I and III
14. Shown below is a simple food web in a grassy community. The arrow symbol means eaten by. What would happen if all snakes are killed?
a. Grass population would increase.
b. Grasshopper population would increase.
c. Bird and frog populations would increase.
d. Grasshopper and bird populations would increase.
15. Which of the following shows mechanical weathering of rocks?
a. formation of caverns
b. acids dissolves rocks
c. freezing water between rock particles
d. iron in rocks combine with oxygen
16. PAGASA announces the approach of the seasonal winds. The familiar names used are Amihan and Habagat, internationally known as ________ and ________ respectively.
a. Northeast and southwest
b. Trade wind and easterlies
c. Southwest and northeast
d. Westerlies and easterlies
17. Fog is a cloud with its base at or very near the ground. The formation of fog generally occurs after the ground has lost heat by:
18. Why do we see the sun rise in the east?
a. The earth revolves eastward.
b. The earth rotates from west to east.
c. We are located in the 20th meridian.
d. On the globe, we are located in the east.
19. If a voltage of 100 volts produces a current of 5 amperes in an electrical device, what is the resistance?
a. 95 Ohms
b. 20 Ohms
c. 105 Ohms
d. 500 Ohms
20. Which of the following best differentiates an earthquake’s intensity from its magnitude?
a. Intensity describes ‘the depth from which the earthquake originated’ while magnitude refers to ‘the energy of the earthquake’.
b. Intensity cannot be measured while magnitude can be measured using a seismograph.
c. Intensity refers to the strength of the quake while magnitude refers to the degree of destruction it caused at the epicenter.
d. Intensity is a measure of how much damage an earthquake cause at the surface while magnitude is the strength of the quake.
21. Comparing the speed of sound in liquids, gases, and solids, the speed of sound is usually lowest in ____ and highest in ____.
a. solids, gases
b. gases, liquids
c. liquids, solids
d. gases, solids
22. Which has a greater density, a lake full of water or a cupful of water?
a. The cup full of water
b. The lake full of water
c. Not enough information
d. They have the same density
23. A stainless steel spoon feels colder than a plastic spoon because stainless steel
a. absorbs less heat from the hand than plastic does
b. is really colder than plastic
c. has a lower temperature than plastic
d. conducts heat away from the hand faster than plastic does
24. Why is it NOT advisable to repeatedly open the door of a refrigerator?
a. It will loosen the hinges of the refrigerator’s door
b. Leads to wastage in electrical energy.
c. Repeated opening introduces bacteria in to the refrigerator.
d. The warm air outside lowers the temperature inside thus making the refrigeration less-efficient.
25. What kind of mirror is used in cars to give the driver a wider area and smaller image of the traffic behind him/her?
a. Double concave
26. Why do we hear thunder some seconds after seeing lightning?
a. Light appears brighter in the sky.
b. Light travels faster than sound.
c. Sound travels 1.331 m/s
d. Sound is released later actually
27. Water has a higher specific heat than iron. What does this mean?
a. Water is hotter than iron
b. Water heats more rapidly than iron
c. Water is more dense than iron
d. Water heats more slowly than iron
28. If a colorblind man marries a woman who has normal vision and no history of the disease, it is most probable that all of their :
a. daughters will be carriers
b. daughters will be colorblind
c. sons will be carriers
d. sons will be colorblind
29. Albino corn seedlings may grow several inches tall. However, they will eventually die, primarily because
a. direct sunlight will destroy their cells
b. they lack adequate root system
c. they cannot produce their own food
d. they cannot obtain carbon dioxide
30. Mimosa pudica, locally known as Makahiya is called as such because its leaflets tend to close when touched. This organismal response to a given stimuli is called:
Answers: 1C 2D 3A 4D 5D 6D 7D 8C 9D 10C 11A 12A 13D 14C 15C 16A 17D 18B 19B 20D 21D 22D 23D 24B 25B 26B 27D 28A 29C 30B
This website believes that education is a right, not a privilege. This portal does not claim ownership to any materials posted. Likewise, questions are not influenced by PRC professional regulatory board. The main purpose of the reviewer is to assist examinees who chose to review online.
kindly give the correct answers.Thanks.
Ung sagot nga po talaga . Thanks
Yung sagot po..thank you
Answers will be posted later…
hello admin kindly post d correct answers pls.. thank you
1C 2D 3A 4D 5D 6D 7D 8C 9D 10C 11A 12A 13D 14C 15C 16A 17D 18B 19B 20D 21D 22D 23D 24B 25B 26B 27D 28A 29C 30B
answers admin please :( THANK YOU. God Bless :)
wala po bang sagot? thanks
1C 2D 3A 4D 5D 6D 7D 8C 9D 10C 11A 12A 13D 14C 15C 16A 17D 18B 19B 20D 21D 22D 23D 24B 25B 26B 27D 28A 29C 30B
thanks for this po… siguradong mkatutulong to sakin this september.. hmmmf medyo confuse lng po ako sa #4 Boyle`s Law.. hehe..
ay walang sagot , paano ko makorek if i am wrong.
Where's the answers? Thank you!
Saan po ung answers?paano ko malalaman kung tama sagot ko?
pwede po bang mahingi ang downloadable file ng reviewer nyo for gen. ed.? with complete answers?
Answer keys po
Answers key po.thanks po
answers key po.plz
Answer key po?
Answers key po plz.thank u
answer key po pls… :(
Did you have the answer key already? please share…
how can i see the answers?????? please
thanks…it helps a lot!!!
sure po bang answer sa #21 ay D?
Tnx po…i need more physical science questionnaire
Thank you PRC.
Very nice and very helpful, thanks for the update,,
pwde po bang manghingi nang majorship reviewer for social studies..thanks po
Nasan po yung part 2 nitong Science?
good luck TEachers