MANILA, Philippines – The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) board of Medicine released the list of room assignments for the October 2021 Physician Licensure Exam (PLE) few days before the exams.
The October 2021 Physician board exams are for the postponed September 2021 PLE in Metro Manila and Tuguegarao. The re-scheduled board exams will be held on October 30-31 and November 1-2, 2021.
The Board for Medicine is headed by its Chairman, Dr. Clarita C. Maaño and its members, Dr. Eleanor B. Almoro, Dr. Godofreda V. Dalmacion, Dr. Zenaida L. Antonio, Dr. Rafael R. Castillo and Dr. Raquel S. Sayo.
SEE ALSO: PLE RESULTS (September 2021 Physician Board Exam Passers)
Room Assignments for October 2021 Physician Board Exams
Examinees are advised to verify the room assignments to the links below or through the notices and announcements to be posted at the PRC official website. Here is the room assignments for the October 2021 Physician/ Medical Doctors licensure exams.
- Metro Manila
- Metro Manila (Added to the list)
- Metro Manila (Added to the list)
- Metro Manila (PWD/Pregnant)
- Tuguegarao City
Examinees shall report before 6:00 in the morning on the said date because late comers will not be admitted.
What to bring on the day of exams?
Here are the things to bring during the examination proper:
- Notice of Admission
- Official Receipt
- One (1) piece of metered-stamped window mailing envelope
- Two (2) or more pencils (NO. 2)
- Ball pens (black ink only)
- One (1) piece long brown envelope
- One (1) piece long transparent/plastic envelope (for keeping your valuables and other allowed items)
- Negative result of the Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) test taken from three (3) to five (5) days prior to the scheduled examination or Certificate of Quarantine for fourteen (14) days or its equivalent signed by any of the following:
- Any licensed Physician (government or private physician)
- Municipal Health Officer, Provincial Health Officer or City Health Officer
- Barangay Officer visiting the examinee’s residence attesting that he/she has been in quarantine for 14 days;
- Informed Consent Form and Health Declaration Form
- Face mask preferably N95 and Face Shield (to be worn at all times)
- 70% ethyl alcohol for regular hand disinfection
- Pre-packed meal/snacks and drinks
PRC said that examinees shall submit the Post Examination Health Surveillance Form to the concerned Regional Office 14 days after the conduct of exams.
What if I failed to take the exams?
In the event that the examinee failed to take the exams due to below reasons, examinee will be allowed to take on the next schedule subject to the following requirements:
- Health Related Reasons: The examinee must submit a letter to the commission or respective board with notarized Medical Certificate as attachment
- Travel Restriction Reasons: The examinee must submit a letter to the commission or respective board with Official letter or restriction from the concerned LGU
What to wear on examination day?
Here are the specified dress codes from PRC:
- All examinees shall wear their school uniform.
What are not allowed during board exams?
- Books, notes, review materials, and other printed materials containing coded information or formulas
- Calculators which are programmable or with embedded functions especially CASIO FX991ES and CASIO FX-991ES plus
- Apple, Samsung and other smart watches, cellular phones, ear plugs, transmitters, portable computers, Bluetooth and other electronic devices which may be used for communication purposes;
- Bags of any kind
Board exams during the COVID-19 pandemic
The following precautionary health and safety guidelines shall be observed at all times during the conduct of the PRC licensure exams:
- Wearing of face mask and face shield. Examinees are also required to bring alcohol-based sanitizers.
- Examination personnel shall be provided with face mask, face shield and latex gloves.
- Observe physical distancing by maintaining 1-meter distance from one another.
- Body temperature will be checked using thermal scanner prior to entry at examination premises. Those with fever, colds or cough are not allowed to take the exams. Their payment will not be forfeited and can be used in the next licensure exam.
- Examinees are advised to bring their food as they will not be allowed to exit the examination room during break time and lunch time.
- Examinees shall sanitize before entering the examination room, after using the rest room and before distribution of test questionnaires.
PRC added that they will not be responsible of any lost personal belongings.
2021 Physician Licensure Exam Schedule
Shown below is the schedule of the 2021 PLE:
|Date of Exam||Testing Locations||Start of Application||Deadline of Application|
|March 7, 8, 14 & 15||NCR, Baguio, Cagayan de Oro,Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Legaspi, Lucena, Tacloban, Tuguegarao and Zamboanga||December 7, 2020||February 8, 2021|
|September 11, 12, 18, & 19||Baguio, Cagayan de Oro,Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Legaspi, Lucena, Tacloban and Zamboanga||June 11, 2021||August 18, 2021|
|October 30-31 and November 1-2, 2021||Metro Manila, Tuguegarao City Cagayan||–||–|
- PRC Memorandum No. 68 series of 2020 issued on November 6, 2020 entitled “Updated standard guidelines on the strict health protocols to observe in the conduct of licensure examinations during the covid-19 pandemic.
- Program for Physician licensure exams for October 2021 from PRC
For those who want to clarify something, PRC advised to email them through the Licensure Exam Division at below contacts:
To receive regular updates about October 2021 Physician board exam as well as other related announcements, we advise our visitors to bookmark this page, visit PRC official website, follow us at our social media pages via Facebook and Twitter or join the members discussions at our Facebook Group.
If you have comments/reactions about this article, feel free to share it at the comment section below.